Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Week of Firsts

Monday was the first staff meetings for me and the first football practice for Dallin.

I haven't taken pictures of him in full gear - yet. I don't want to embarrass him, I don't think it is very 'manly' to have your Mom taking pictures. I'll sneak them in at games.


Tuesday was Tacey's first dance team practice. Thursday was the first day of school,

Tacey rockin' her pink shoes - pink is her signature color. He she comes 8th grade!
Her Dad was thinking she was looking a little too grown up. He wanted THIS picture taken to show that he was RIGHT THERE to all boys who may think she is cute, pretty, or whatever. He will always be RIGHT THERE!
McCade starting 4th grade. When he got home he proclaimed that his teacher was 'MAGNIFICENT!"
Dallin starting 5th grade. Wow, the oldest ones in the school! He really likes his teacher too - she does a ton of science experiments and lets them do their papers on the computer. Very cool.

Thursday was also the first time Shane really danced with me. He went with me to go learn a swing dance I have to teach to a bunch of kids. It was fun. He's a pretty good swing dancer!Saturday was a ward party I was in charge of; I threw a Luau. We had a REAL PIG! Can you see that he is smiling? He liked being the center of attention at the party. Well, he used to be a real pig. By the time he got to the party, he was just yummy.
This is Ken. Ken spent the whole party playing with the pig. I think he liked it. We even had kids volunteer to eat the non-normal parts like the eyes and the heart! It was a good time. The whole thing ended with a big water balloon fight to beat the heat.


Of course then there were buckets and other large water receptacles involved. But would it truly be a water balloon fight if it only had water balloons?

Heh heh heh.

There is more news, I can't say just yet, but do look forward to next week's post. And no, I am not now, nor do I intend on being pregnant any time soon. So get that OUT of your mind! This news is of a totally different kind.

Danielle