Saturday, May 18, 2013

Baby Adam

So, I don't have a ton of time to post as we are running out the door to perform in several dance recitals. But my nephew Adam Arthur Thomas decided to make his debut into this world early. He was due July 7, but came today. I went straight to the Hospital to see my sister and took pictures. 


Adam is in a very nice NICU unit, bed number 9.


His color is good, but there is still a 50/50 chance he will need to be intubated. (sp?)
He also wiggles a lot and is pro at blowing bubbles.


These are his very first nurses! Two absolutely sweet, wonderful ladies assigned just to him!


Ben & Laura, still a little in shock.


Okay, this picture is deceptive. He is NOT this purple. He is actually in a shadow because of all the machinery. He is really the color of his left arm that is NOT in shadow. I turned off the flash on my camera because I didn't want to bother the poor little guy. He has enough to do with working at breathing! The tube in his mouth goes to his tummy to help relieve the air that gets pushed down there through his nose.


This one is a little better. He is a little beat up because he came out face up, but I figure that is his way of 'facing' this world, this life and all it's challenges from the get-go. He has to learn to breathe on his own and how to suck and swallow, but all things look good! 

Happy Birthday Adam!

-danielle