Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mid-Week Update!




These are McCade's Basketball Pictures. Isn't his team cute? They are a motely-looking bunch!
Saturday was a good day for Matheson Basketball. We went to Dallin's game as scheduled at 9:00 am, but he had been rescheduled to 11:00 and would be playing on the main court that uses the timer, buzzer and everything! The main problem with this was that McCade's game was also at 11:00. Well, I went with Dallin; Shane and Tacey went with McCade. Dallin not only made 1/5 of his team's points, but he also made the first score of the entire game! He got the rebound and shot the ball and made it! I don't think anyone was as shocked as he was. I am sure the other team thought we were crazy for being overjoyed at a 16-10 loss, but that was the most points they EVER made, and by far the smallest margin they lost by. We were all so proud of them! I know little about McCade's game except that they lost and he made 1 basket. Then we had Tacey's game. Shane says I yell too much. I know all of Tacey's statistics because she had me write them down for a newspaper article she had to write for English.
1st Quarter; 1 basket, 1 force jump, 1 steal and 1 foul; reaching
2nd Quarter; 1 rebound, 2 fouls; blocking and traveling (She jumped and didn't shoot or pass the ball. Good lesson to learn!)
3rd Quarter; 1 basket and 1 steal
4th Quarter; 1 Basket, 1 Free Throw, 1 Rebound and 1 steal
In the end they lost 20-17.
SO! the teams may have lost, but overall it was a great day in basketball for the Matheson Clan.
The snow keeps coming, but we have had a break for the last 2 days. That big snow hill in the front yard has come in handy for the kids, as you can see!

The dog likes the warmer weather, because he can stay out longer, but he also hates it because he gets all muddy so everytrip outside results in a shower when he comes back inside. He doesn't believe that water is his friend, but I know mud isn't mine!

Shane is busy as always, but is managing to stay home more. (Which is GREAT!)

I just finished the project part of my Master's Thesis. It went REALLY well! (I love it when people prove me brilliant!) Now I have to get busy on the whole writing part of it. I also found out today that I have offically been accepted into the National Scholar Honor Society. Cool, huh? I also had the abstract for my Thesis accepted at a Graduate Conference, so I will be presenting my Thesis in April before and audience before I have to defend it. That will be good. And I got a thankyou note from Locks of Love for the donation of my hair. I am also experiencing pain from an AMAZING briuse I got from reheasal last night. I get lifted, and these guys who are doing the lifting have never lifted before. My left arm looks like I am an abused woman. I LOVE having the first injury of the show; makes me feel like I am sacrificing for my art. (ha!) All-in-all a good day for me so far!

I will try to record McCade at rehearsal soon, they put him front and center in the dance numbers; he is SO going to steal the show!

Love and good wishes to you all!

Danielle