Monday, February 4, 2008

Snow! Snow! and more Snow!


Well, as I said we had a snow day on friday. BUT we should have had another one today because I needed 4 wheel drive just to get out of the driveway! (I would like to point out in this picture that the snow is up to Dallin's knees, not to mention the pile that is up to Tacey's chest behind them.) When Shane left this morning he was pushing snow with the front bumper of his truck!





I would also like to add that the City of Shelley seems to think that our front yard is an appropriate place to store snow. I would complain if it wasn't so much fun for the kids to have a built in fort / sleding hill. It is going to be an awful mess come spring, which won't be anytime soon according to Puxatawney Phil. Maybe I will complain then. The City of Shelley also plowed in one of my students car in this morning during their lesson. (They were parked on the street; afraid of my driveway) I had to bump them out with my Tahoe in 4 wheel drive. I had to be careful. Didn't want the airbags going off. BUT it was the only way to get a toyota out of 24 inches of snow. Heaven knows I wasn't going to freeze my butt off pushing it!

You know, these pictures just don't do justice to the amount of snow. I hope you can get an idea of how truly deep it is. There is 24 inches against the garage doors.


Have fun!


Danielle