Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The End of Baseball & Softball




Okay, so I just had to put this video on here. This is Mac standing on the pitcher's mound doing the robot and other various dance steps while the team is warming up. Ah, the creativity! Imagine being so self-confident you can do this is public? (Oh, wait, I do!) I guess this is some form of warm up unique to him. I thought it was incredibly funny; maybe someday it will be good blackmail.

I would have him wear his hat the right way, but it just makes his ears stick out funny.

I have pictures from all of Tacey's teams and Mac's team as well, but I haven't had a chance to scan them in yet. I will get to that as soon as I have the thesis thing DONE. I had my defense on the 27th, which went really well. But, the committee wants some clarification changes before they will sign it off. They said it was so that other areas of academia, namely music, couldn't discount my work. They all thought it was great, or so they said. ANYWAY, that means that this post in an attempt to procrastinate! I am disciplined enough to not let myself get so far off track as to let myself spend time scanning the pictures - yet. (I did spend an hour making cookies though; maybe I'll call that brain food.)

On the upside, I start physical therapy tomorrow! I also have been ordered to try something new every couple of days with the boot off of my foot. So, I decided the best thing to do was take a walk around the block. This walk took me 30 minutes. I am the tortoise! Poor Shane and Koda, they are very frustrated with my lack of speed, but they walk all nice and slow with me. I also did yoga on Monday. I can stand on my right foot and do all sorts of poses FOREVER. I can stand on my left for for a couple of seconds if I hold onto a wall. However, it was nice to work my whole body again, I was careful and adjusted accordingly.



This is a cool picture. Shane was in the mountains about 15 minutes from our house this week on some family business and this Moose decided that he was 'King of the Road'. Shane drove slowly behind him for quite a distance; the Moose was not phased at all.



I think that is it!



Have a wonderful fourth of July!

Danielle