Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!!!!!!!

We spent the day in the mountains. We would normally hike, but as two of us are broken. . . THAT didn't happen. Actually, it happened a little - Dallin and I hung out together in the bed of the truck. We did ride 4 wheelers, and the kids shot the boy's BB Guns. Come to think about it, we all shot them; we made victims of empty water bottles. We once again escaped with no BB Gun injuries - although once Mac almost took out the dog. The dog continued his obscession; chasing cows. He had a run-in with a mean mama cow. We were afraid she would kick him (which would mean the end of the dog), but she just rolled him with her nose. As cows are particularily 'snotty' animals, he was COMPLETELY covered in cow snot. (eewwww!) I think he enjoyed it, it helped the mud stick to him better. Talk about a dirt ball! I know the dog is already brown, but he was a completely different shade of brown within two minutes of getting out of his kennel to run around. I guess Koda had several near death experiences today! We had a hot dog roast, and ate them happily with potato salad, cheetos, beef jerky and s'mores. We called it a good day since there were no new injuries and no ticks when we got home.

(Random side note; one of my finals was more of a party than a final and we had a pot luck while we discussed and debated our final papers. I took my indoor s'mores maker, and that is a VERY good thing. This man, - who was much older than me - had NEVER had a s'more! WRONG that is just WRONG!)

oh -and I did hand in (via email) my edited and reformatted thesis on wednesday. (for all of you who were waiting to see how long I would procrastinate)

We also chose not to battle the crowds for the big fireworks and set them off at home instead. Enjoy the pictures and video!




Tacey lighting a Fountain Firework




McCade lighting a Fountain Firework




Dallin lighting a Fountain Firework



The not broken people hiking.



Dallin hangin' in the bed of the truck



Dallin!




Mac!
Tacey!




Danielle!