Monday, December 15, 2008

Merry almost Christmas

Hay!!!
(I spelled that wrong on purpose.) Anyway, there are a few things to post, so I will commence with the picture stuff. . .
Here are pictures from Tacey's Basketball Season; they had a rough start, and even with NEVER managing to have a full week of practice, they won 5 of their 12 games. She is going to play co-ed ball with the city this year, and the boys have already started practice, so Basketball is by no means over in this house. At least this year the boys are close enough in age to be on the same team, so only one early morning game to go to on Saturdays. Tacey's games will be during the week, so all should be fun!
Tacey and Katelyn, waiting for the other team to come down and TRY to make a basket!

That's Mikayla shooting a foul shot and Tacey preventing the other team from getting the rebound.
This is the team and one of their managers after their very last game - which they won. There is (front row) Tacey, Indi Young, Cameron Welty (manager) , (back row) Kytana Baum, Abbey Higham, Mikayla Sobieski, Katelyn Cox, Cheyanne Driscoll, Jennifer Richards, Emily Goodworth, Ashlyn Yancey, and Taelyr Pettingil. We are missing Korrina Morgan in this picture, but hey, getting a bunch of hot, sweaty girls out of a locker room when there are boys present is a difficult task!
Also, I am activities commitee chariperson for the ward. THAT means that since I was put in 3 weeks ago, I had 3 weeks to put on the ward Christmas party. All of this concludes with a visit from Santa. Here are the pictures we took this year with Santa!

The kids with Santa!!

Mac and Santa

Dallin and Santa

Tacey and Santa

Shane and Santa!!!

(There are benefits to being the one holding the camera. . . you notice MY picture is not there!!!)

Also, I understand Andrea tagged me, while I usually think these things are dumb, I will do it - just for her!

1. Who's your favorite person (outside of family)? Umm, not to be a religious freak, but it would be Jesus. I talk to him quite frequently.

2. What's your favorite food?Duh, you know me, you know this answer: CHOCOLATE

3. What are some quirks about you? I find deep, personal, spiritual meaning in weird places - like Broadway Musical Soundtracks.

4. Do you have any regrets in your life?If I have any, they involve not being nice enough, or helping out enough. There are probably so many of those I wouldn't even want to remember them all.

5. What's your favorite charity/cause?I'm with Andrea on this one; Make A Wish. No, I haven't given them any money, although I would like to someday. HOWEVER, if they need a volunteer for a role-playing wish like that guy who plays the super-villian on that commercial - all they have to do is ask.

6. What is your favorite blog recently? Jenni's blog where Payton proposed. Too cute.

7. What is something you can't get enough of? Chocolate

8. What's the worst job you've ever had?Easy, stocking shoes at Payless when I was in college.

9. What job would you pay not to have? After school drama instructor at Shelley High School - LONG STORY, don't ask.

10. Do you have a guilty pleasure?Chocolate - I see a theme here.

11. Do you have any confessions?Nope, my mouth runneth over, you all know it anyway.

12. If you had $1000 dollars to spend on yourself, how would you spend it? Another trip to NYC.

13. What's your favorite thing about your house?It is still worth pretty close to what I (we) paid for it, even with the economy

14. What's your least favorite thing about your house?The debris left by my children that makes me trip and fall on my bad foot.

15. What is one thing you are bad at?"Saving money. Most of my pants have burn holes in the pockets..." This was Andrea's answer, but I couldn't say it better myself, so I figured why try.

16. What is one thing you are good at?Easy; teaching Theatre - I wish someone would pay me mediocre money at a College or University so I could do it.

17. If you could change one thing about your circumstances, what would it be?That I could teach at a College or University.

18. Who would you like to meet someday?ummm, right now it would be Lyn-Manuel Miranda. He wrote the most amazing latin based musical that won the Tony Award for Best Musical last year. I saw it on my most recent trip - I still cry EVERYTIME I listen to the soundtrack. It also doesn't help that my kids have completely memorized it and sing it all the time.

19. What makes you feel sexy? My husband.

20. Who is your real life hero?My Mom.

21. What is the hardest part of your job? Which one? I have three. I guess getting out of bed before 8:00 am.

23. What can you not live without? My family.

24. Do you agree or disagree with the recent article that reported that blogs are authored by narcissists?I can't answer that right now, I am too busy looking in the mirror. (just kidding)

25. Why do you blog?Because my family does not live in the arctic tundra as I do and my parents need to see their grandkids. So, the rest of you getting to be vicariously involved is just a bonus.

26. Who are you tagging? I tag Laura - she can do it when she's not helping at Jefferson Montessori!!

On a last note, friday was a pretty, fall-like day. It was about 42 degrees, but then Saturday it was WINTER with vengence - 2 feet in the front yard. BRRRRRRRR!

-Danielle