Saturday, January 17, 2009

And the story goes on. . .

The next week we visited my Dad and Grandma and took trips to the Zoo and Knotts Berry Farm AND added to our methodical analysis of all the best pizza places everywhere we visit.
I have to admit I haven't been to Knotts Berry Farm since like 8th grade, neither had Andrea, and Shane had NEVER been; so it was a true adventure for our theme park crew. We started on what we thought was going to be an 'ok' rollercoaster. As we have several trips to all the Disney Theme parks under our belts, we felt like we could handle anything we were tall enough for. Well, we were wrong. . . we started on the Ghostrider. It was an old-wooden roller coaster. We figured: 'Heck, we've done California Screamin' AND Rockin' Roller Coaster WE'LL BE FINE.'

BUT as the Ghostrider went down the first hill, I realized we had a problem. The boys may have been tall enough, but they certainly didn't weigh enough: especially McCade. The bars that came down only on our laps were not remotely close enough to keep the boys safely inside; Tacey probably had the same problem, but at least she is big enough to hold on really tight. In addition, it was a really 'jerky' roller coaster; ugh. That scared McCade pretty badly, so it took a while for him to get brave again. Frankly, I don't balme him. Anyway, there wasn't a really good time to take pictures; cameras and roller coasters don't get along. This is the kids next to a pretty fountain outside the Johnny Rockets inside the park. I didn't take this picture - credit goes to Andrea.This is waiting in line for some roller coaster; there were so many I can't remember them all.We finally got to take a picture with SOMETHING that said Knotts Berry Farm, but by then it was dark.This was the last roller coaster of the day: Shane and I opted out because we both had to drive (We'd met Shane in L.A.). This one was called the sidewinder. The cars went in circles as they went on the track. It was guaranteed motion sickness as far as I was concerned.

Andrea and McCade in the twisty carTacey and Dallin in the twisty car.

And then there was the trip to Flippi's; which I would have to say was probably Shane's favorite part of the whole vacation. Maybe that was because he spent his official 'vacation' working. Shannon went with us on this trip; Dallin stayed and played with Uncle Scott.

Flippi's was a bunch of hot, cheezy yummyness except for when Tacey spilled her water all over the table. It was funny to us, but she didn't think so.

AND there was the trip to the Zoo.

Once again it was cold out, so the animals were happy.
This is Dallin being a monkey.Yep, this is my Mom. Hmmm, I guess it is easy to see where I get it.This is McCade being a Monkey. Once again McCade took my camera, but it paid off this time. He got this amazing picture of the Hippo as it came and sat right in front of him. I wonder if the Hippo can say cheese. . .




When we got back, we got to play with Haley one night; Laura had a dentist appointment and Ben didn't think Haley would like hanging out in her car seat on the floor while her mom had her teeth cleaned. She and Dallin got along really well. AND Shane and I were NAUGHTY; feeding Haley her FIRST lollipop. hehehe.Don't they look cute?

I actually HAVE a picture of the lollipop, but it is on my phone. I will email it to myself and post it later.

January also means MORE basketball! At least they boys are on the same team this year.

Dallin is Number 5, McCade is number 22.Dallin talking with his coach.

McCade taking a short break.AND this is Tacey at her first real job - reffing (?) basketball for kindergarten through second grade. She basically makes sure everyone gets a shot, remembers to try to dribble and shoots at the right basket.

More to come

Danielle