Friday, March 27, 2009

The real end of Basketball and other frozen treats

Okay, so we have been on Spring Break all week, and for 'not having anything to do' my 'list of things to accomplish' has not seemed much shorter. HOWEVER, I did get a lot of stuff accomplished - I think. Shane has been gone a lot, and the weather has been HORRIBLE - to say the least. I really don't think you should call it 'Spring Break' when it is 19 degrees and there is snow everywhere. That kind of Spring Break makes Moms crazy as the kids are trapped inside. At least at Christmas they have new stuff mess with!
I finished writing the Elementary School play; that was a project. I also planned all other aspects of the show - costumes, set, lights, music, choreography, so I can just show up and do my thing with the new, short actors.
Tacey kept up her busy evening schedule, but it will be lighter as she had her last Basketball game last night. This Tacey making faces at, and generally annoying our neighbor Matt. They play intimidation ball in the driveway ALL THE TIME, so this is nothing new. We were happily disappointed that Tacey did not almost kill Matt like she did last time she played him. He went to stuff her during a layup and she ducked and turned, forcing him into an airborne position parallel to the ground. At least he has a hard head. I think he is fully recovered - even his pride. I can't say her team was amazing scorers, but if they gave points for fun, determination, and hitting the rim - they would have totally kick everyone's butts. Now she is just down to her 5 dance classes and the school musical. But be aware - Softball starts soon!
We also got to play with Hayley a lot this week. I forgot to take pictures - we were having too much fun playing. We painted her toe nails. She tried to wipe it off with a rag. She also has an appetite for cell phones.
Dallin & McCade have just been hanging. Actually, the next thing on my list is to have them plan their Pinewood Derby cars. I am excited because I think this is the first year I have not had a rehearsal I COULD NOT get out of. SOOOOOOO...... I will get to go! Now, Shane does not look forward to this as I am - since he gets to build two cars. (Unfortunately, someone always has to lose.)
We had Blue & Gold Banquet last month. It was, and always is, interesting to try and make two different cakes. Not to mention the cake consumption that must go on for the following week. This year the theme was 'ABC's of America'. Dallin decided to make the famous 'Don't Tread On Me' flag. I think it was because I had mentioned I saw a 3 foot long Gummi snake at the Army Surplus store. (I was there getting hand and foot warmers for the movie thing). So, really he did this whole cake himself. He helped significantly with the baking and did all the decorating himself. McCade and I talked about it and we made cupcakes. (I don't want to eat anything a bunch of cub scouts have been cutting themselves and using their hands to scoop up - YUK!). Then I used white chocolate chips for the stars (I might as well throw out the left-overs. We NEVER eat white chocolate). and fruit roll up for the stripes. We did this because I am too lazy and too uptight to have stripes that aren't straight.
And of course, we didn't forget McCade's birthday - the big 0-9! This is the last year any of my kids will have only one candle on their cake. *sigh*.

And finally, a picture of the boy's Basketball team. Gotta love 3rd & 4Th graders!
No, they don't play at a jail; just the equivalent - a Junior High School.
Happy Spring?
Danielle