Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's - we're a TRICKY bunch!

Okay, so McCade wanted to use his brother's walking cast/boot for April Fool's. I wasn't really comfortable with that - afraid he would ACTUALLY hurt himself while wearing it. He then said, 'Man! I wish I could have a black eye or something!' Well . . . THAT I can do! So this morning I pulled out my stage make up and spent maybe 2 minutes giving him a removable black eye. Tacey saw what was up and said 'I want a black eye too!'. Another black eye was soon available. I worked at McCade's school today, and got to witness some of the reaction to his 'injury'. His teacher saw him walking down that hall, and was VERY concerned about his eye. She truly bought it. The school counselor started to drill me about what happened until we started laughing. After all his friends believed his black eye, his teacher sent him and his friend to the office to see the Principal for 'fighting'. Those boys sat there all somber, and the principal got ready to 'get to the bottom' of the story when the other boy started to giggle. Soon McCade yelled 'April Fools!'. His teacher was disappointed they broke so quickly - third graders - go figure! His teacher spent the day tricking all the other teachers with McCade. So, this made for a VERY good day for McCade.
Tacey also had great success with her black eye. All of her friends and teachers believed it. She had SO many people telling her their black eye stories - it was also very good fun. She had her friends going and told them she truly had no idea how she got her black eye - she said she must have 'blacked out'. Everyone bought it. So she also had a good day!
So, in more ways than I can count, and more ways than I EVER anticipated; my theatre training has has a VERY positive effect on my life and the lives of those around me!!!!!
I tried to take pictures of my artwork, but they didn't turn out. You will jst have to take our word for it - and that IS NOT part of the April Fool.

Happiness!
Danielle