Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Last Day

The last day must have a ton of fun packed into it, right? Our day began at the Wild Animal Park. We hiked down to the tram; I like to start there because it is bang for your buck; lots of animals in a short period of time! On the way there we passed the Lions; it was
FEEDING TIME!
wicked cool. . .
They were loud, and fighting, and you can't see but the Male was not letting the females have anything. Greedy guy. . . Tacey was a bit concerned!

McCade was hot & grumpy.

Dallin was his usual agreeable self!

We stood in line, but not too long. Shannon, Tacey & Andrea had fun together.
Grandma & Grandpa.

Okay, so I imagine myself a photographer. I am not; but I am trying. I like this picture I took of this flower, so you get to enjoy it too. I would like to point out that I have done NO editing to this picture, this is how it came out of my camera!

So, Shannon was squeezing water at Tacey, so Tacey did it back; but things didn't go as planned because the water didn't hit her AT ALL! So she immediately tried again! This was the result!

Good thing Shannon has a sense of humor!

On the tram ride we saw tons of animals like Cheetahs

Rhinos pretending to be rocks, or rocks pretending to be Rhinos; I am not sure which!

Vultures

Wilde beasts

Giraffes


Yea, can't remember what these guys are called. But he looks pretty fierce in his mask! Maybe I will rename them Zorro Antelope.
I LOVE the Wild Animal Park!


and it is easy to see why.

I have been spoiled by both the Zoo and the Wild Animal Park my entire life. I cannot even CONSIDER another Zoo; they all look mean to me after the amazing care they take of the animals at these conservation centers.

The kids wanted to take their grandparents to their favorite watering hole; I've posted pictures of this place before.
Tacey was not as excited about getting wet as she had been in recent years.

Even Dallin looked a bit unsure, but McCade was already drenched.

Tacey liked to help him get wet by holding him under the bucket when it dumped. There are no pictures, but the NEXT time the bucket dumped I jumped in and held HER under. Everyone laughed very hard; even Tacey (which surprised me since she is a moody teenager!)

This is a good look for Grandpa!

And of course, there was ICE CREAM!





And Bat ears as we left; we had a very long drive the next day. And Grandma had BBQ Chicken and Potato Salad at home; YUM!

It is always sad to see it end, but Football has become a priority!
Danielle