Monday, June 18, 2012

A missing blogger reappears. . . .

It has been almost a year. I have set a goal every week to 'catch up, but it is useless. Let this be a lesson to me: opportunities go away, they just do and you can't make them up.  SO, I am no longer going to try to catch up, and I am no longer going to flog myself over the state of my blog. But before I turn that corner, I have to think about WHY it got this way, so I (hopefully) don't repeat the process again. I came upon this:

INTERRUPTIONS
When you are exasperated by interruptions, try to remember that their veryfrequency may indicate the value of your life. Only people who are fullof help and strength are burdened by other persons' needs. Theinterruptions which we chafe at are the credentials of ourindispensability. The greatest condemnation that anybody could incur -and it is a danger to guard against - is to be so independent, sounhelpful, that nobody ever interrupts us, and we are left comfortably alone.
-Anonymousfrom The Anglican Digest






And that, is my life. 

As I have sat here in just these few lines I have had to start a lawnmower, help move the trampoline, my computer decided to update itself, my neighbor needed lettuce, my husband needed me to go to the bank, I have been told by a child that I don't love him because I am enforcing rules. 
Now I must leave to find someone a pencil.
Back.
But anyway, it is no wonder I felt like I was flying by the seat of pants all year in school. Why with planning and teaching music to 21 different classes, plus directing a musical with a cast of 80ish, plus a technical crew of over 40ish, plus a full orchestra I gained weight. (which is NOT a good thing, because I am short and every little bulge makes me look even worse. This is why I am and LOOK tired . . . and old. 
Today I am officially 18 days behind on a contract project for the Rise Up and Sing Family. I got up to exercise and decided to take a 10 mile bike ride. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but I got the notification on my cell phone from the weather service that there was high wind warnings (35-45mph), with gusts 55-60mph, when I was five miles from home battling the insect that committed suicide in my eye. I need to drink more water, so I do, but am interrupted by my bladder. I try to watch my calories but My Fitness Pal, the program on my phone I use to help me lose weight keeps telling me am not eating enough and could be putting my body into starvation mode. Ugh. I can't eat more! I am trying to LOSE weight! Besides, there is no more room in my tummy with all the water in there. 
And we have baby robins we are watching grow up in the carport. I like to watch them, but I found out this year that my sweet husband has hid the poor little runt who gets kicked out of the nest and dies from me every year. Okay, circle of life, I can handle that.
But today, when the inevitable happened, I wasn't the family member to find it. And now the dog won't be hungry for awhile, I hope. And then one of the kids mowed what was left of the carcass. Seriously? This is better than a sitcom.
Oh, and ISU wants me to come back to school.
AND
I have buyers remorse when I go to the grocery store, so now I make everything from scratch: bread, tortillas, pancakes. . . and I have been getting a weekly delivery from Bountiful Baskets so I am cooking with things like kale, and spaghetti squash. 
And, I am still behind in my contract work.
And, I REALLY want to dejunk and deep clean my house.
And I would like to do fun stuff with the kids and enjoy the sunshine on those rare occasions it decides to shine here.  
So, here I am, back blogging. 
The plan, as of now, is to start from here and compare this year to last year. A two-for-one so to speak.
Because in this, as in every other aspect of my life,
I am trying to make the ends meet. 

*sigh*

-danielle