Monday, September 17, 2012

Can I be in two places at once? PLEASE!

Okay,
If I were to be totally honest,
If I could be in two places at once I would wish to be in three or four.
There is just so much to do and dividing myself to hit the best things, since I cannot it all is never easy.
I am not sure I always get it right.
I am not sure I did it right this last week, but in the end everything worked out.

McCade had a football game.
I wish the coaches and the players would find a way to work together. The kids are trying, the coaches are trying but in the end they are all frustrated. It is not a good thing.
Emotions get wonky and things get worse.
I can't do anything to fix it, but I will keep hoping and praying McCade is learning something from this.
Even if it is exactly how he doesn't want to act to others.

We won't bother with the score, just drop some pictures.


That is him back there, #50, intense and ready to go.
He is the one with HEART on his team.



Jeez, I hope he grows. . . Although these will make for some funny pictures later on. 
See? Again the guy is much bigger than he is.


Okay, see the wrap on the leg? It is ice. I guess he got tangled and got someone else's knee in the side of his. He wasn't really that hurt, but I think with the yelling and lopsided score and frustration he had just had enough.

Shane went down to make sure he wasn't really hurt. After awhile I couldn't handle it anymore and told him if he was too hurt too play, that was his choice, BUT 
TO GET THE ICE OFF THAT KNEE!
He wasn't swollen. All that I was doing was stiffening up the bruise and slowing down the blood flow to help it heal. 
Then I asked him to consider going back out.
Ice came off.
He went out and played again, but not as hard as before.
But he did get back out there.
We will call it a little victory in the middle of a big loss.


See the look on Dallin's face?
Second from the left on the line, next to the guy in the red facemask.
That is the face of football.


#83, taking the guy down.


Now he has been added to the kickoff team.
(Do you LOVE the stripes on his socks? They make him look so cool!)


LOVE watching him play!

 

Tacey danced with the cheerleaders at homecoming this year. She is the one in the middle of the row on the 45 yd line.

Yep, the one you see get thrown around.
She replaced a teeny girl because she was the one able/willing/strong enough to do the tricks.
She was so excited, I was so happy!
(Well, not at the prospect of her falling on her head, but that she fought for what she wanted and got it!

(I didn't video this: couldn't be two places. Thanks to my Father-in-law for covering for me!)

That night was Homecoming.
Just like Prom, she went with Nick
More on that in another post. . . 

McCade took these, he did a pretty darn good job!


Nick wants to be a pilot, I think he was trying to look like Tom Cruise in Top Gun with those shades!


I just had to put this is. McCade kept taking pictures.
His brother wasn't all that happy about it!


Actually, both McCade and Dallin had been pretty amazing that day.
They both ran in the Spud Run 5K.
Dallin ran it in 23:39 coming in 10th overall, and 2nd in the 11-18 age division. 
McCade ran it in 24:06 coming in 14th overall, and 4th in the 11-18 age division.
Pretty darn good!

Why did I miss all this stuff?
Well, I was at a doTERRA convention. It was AMAZING. I came back with a whole new perspective, ready to find balance in my life. I goal is to sit down with each of the kids and make sure I understand what their goals are, what their priorities are. For a long time I have just assumed I knew what they are. It occurred to me that the contention in the house may be that I am not looking at things from their perspective like I thought I was. 
We are going to find out!
Then we are going to make goals as a family and work to help each other as well as ourselves.

I also learned that my current eating plan is probably responsible for every health issue I have. I currently can't eat anything other than dark leafy greens, fruits and whole grains without feeling guilty.
NEVER FEAR!
I am sure my over reaction will fade within the next few week and I will continue my love affair with brownies.

I also learned a lot of useful information about essential oils. It is very nice to feel empowered about my health and the health of my family.
-danielle