Sunday, September 9, 2012

Can we PLEASE go back to summer?

Ugh, here we are already several weeks into school.

I want my summer back.

Now.

We had a very mild winter in Idaho last year, and I am seriously worried we are going to buried in snow this year. I am not looking forward to it.

We had our traditional summer vacation to California, it was so very needed. Shane didn't get to go for very long, and Tacey left early because she was worried about missing cheer practice.
Dallin, McCade & I stayed for a solid 10 days. It was wonderful.

But after we had been back a few weeks, and in an attempt to keep my tan and spend one more lazy summer day we went to Jensen's Grove. 

That is the Idaho version of a beach.

I took the kids right before school started for one last lazy-do-nothing day before the schedules of school kicked in.

Mac, my water baby was the only one who truly went swimming.
(I LOVE the water, but I restrict myself to pools & the Ocean. Those smaller bodies of water feel slimey to me. . . and when I can see the fish swim up to my leg I get weirded out. I can handle dolphins and sea lions, not so hip on those guppy-looking things.


Tacey brought her buddy, Abbey. Silly girls.


Dallin looks like this a lot, but even he enjoyed getting a bit of sun.



He even tried to catch those guppy things. ICK!



But then it happened. We had to go to school.
I think I dislike it more than they do!


Bic Mac, first day of 7th Grade.




Dallin is getting very big. I think I need to start taking his picture while standing on a stool, he is so tall now.
Pretty soon I will only be able to get pictures up his nose.

Dallin, first day of 8th Grade.



Tacey was ready for the beginning of her Junior Year. She is ready for a year of cheerleading and having a very busy social life, but not really looking forward to actually going to class and doing homework and stuff.


So here we are, almost a month later. 
Good news is we have all 'A's with one pesky 'B'.
Not bad for 22 classes between the three of them 

Lets hope that keeps up!

-danielle