Monday, October 22, 2012

Did I just blow through another week?

Okay, Highlights:

McCade played his last game Tuesday night. He made the tackle that saved the game.
GO MAC!

Dallin played his first playoff game. They won 51-6. Not a surprise.
Actually, the score could have been a lot worse, but the coach had mercy and started kicking 3 pointers, instead of running in touchdowns. 
Those boys are on fire.
I love it.


Okay, this is Dallin's game from the week before, but look at the look on his face.
Number 43 doesn't have a chance.
About 3/4 of the way through the game this kid just sat on his rear and pouted.
He didn't like getting schooled by a smaller guy.
Size isn't everything.
We had one of his coaches tell us that Dallin isn't by any means the biggest lineman, he is definitely the smartest. 
He has developed an amazing knowledge of the game.
He will grow. He officially passed me last night.
Not that getting taller than me is difficult, but it is a milestone.

We get through this week and I will download and post all of his last games.
Hopefully we have several to go.

McCade got to be a captain for the last game.




Man, did he play hard.
Man did I
FREEZE.
Freak of Nature, it was COLD!!
Dallin's game was even colder.
You know it is cold when the football coach puts on a jacket.
But as it was near or below 32 degrees, he even put on his sweats.
Me?
I was wearing two sets of thermals,
jeans,
hiking boots,
two pairs of socks,
a sweater, 
a sweatshirt,
my coat,
gloves,
ear warmer, 
had the hoods on both my sweatshirt and coat on my head,
and was wrapped in 3 blankets.
Still froze.

The pictures are getting poorer and poorer in quality. They play later, it gets colder.
The low light and my shivering have not been picture-friendly. 

This week it will be even colder as Dallin enters playoffs.
In addition it is supposed to have scattered rain and snow showers.
Someone asked me if they would cancel the game.

I laughed.

This is 
FOOTBALL!

And I am a football mom, so I will be there freezing to death.
I love my football boys with all my heart.

Here is to hoping they win and I don't get frostbite!

-danielle