Thursday, February 21, 2013

Counting drops. . .

Okay, I am still counting my drops of awesome.

Today is a good day, and I am truly feeling good for the first time in a long time.

So, here is today's tally:

My student this morning is seriously struggling with one of the songs I have given her. I knew this would happen, and I told her it was going to be a great challenge. We worked really well together today, and she finally saw the progress in herself that I see in her. She said "Wow! I didn't want to murder the song this time!"

Awesome!

Then I drove the boys to school. I know that may not seem too awesome, but whenever I manage to drive somewhere and back on snow-filled roads, it is awesome. We did have a moment of funny as we got in the car: we all (meaning the three of us. . . ) were convinced that three of the four doors were frozen shut. We tugged, pulled got inside and pushed until Dallin realized they were still locked. Yeah, it was pretty funny. I guess the fact that we all laughed and McCade didn't get freaked out about not getting to school early enough to hang with his friend is 

Awesome!

I also got dressed, (yes, wearing sweats counts as dressed!) and took my camera into Dallin's GT (Gifted/Talented) class so he could use the video we took at home to make his project. 

Awesome!

Then I came home and decided I should probably shovel the porch. That turned into shoveling the driveway, that turned into shoveling the sidewalks. About 30 minutes later, I had this:


Yep, Awesome!

So then I looked across the street. My neighbor has serious back problems and has had several surgeries. He also has a pacemaker. His wife is still recovering from a leg injury. They are both always helping other people. Their driveway and sidewalks were full of snow. I headed across the street and in another 30 minutes I had this:


They didn't catch me, which was the most awesome part of the entire awesome thing.

Then I had a super-close friend/student come over for her lesson. We visited for a really long time about lots of things, and it was nice to have a conversation with someone who you think is awesomeness personified.

Awesome!

Then I took Dallin the English homework that was due today that he didn't realize he had left on the kitchen counter.

Awesome!

Then I answered Tacey's phone call that started with 
"Do you love me?"
She had forgotten her cheer shoes. I took those to her, along with the cheer skirt that I KNEW belonged to the school that I found at the local thrift store. I KNEW it belonged because Tacey had worn the exact same one. So I bought it and returned it to the school where it belonged.

Awesome x2!

Then I finally got around to cleaning my house.
My plan had been to get my month-long menu and grocery list organized, then go to the gym, then shop for the month.

Instead I have shoveled a lot.
Found companionship with my friend, plus we had a great voice lesson! (Awesome!)
Taken care of my kids, a lot.

And now I have just returned from picking McCade up from school.
I got a call from the office saying he had hit his head on a desk and was dizzy. 

He has a small bump, but both pupils seem to be the same and he isn't queasy but he still has a major headache.

I think he has now learned to leave all four legs of his chair on the ground - maybe.
I didn't tease him; I got all his stuff.

Yeah, my laundry is still undone.
Yeah, my house is still a mess.
I am still walking around in my sweats wearing yesterday's mascara. 
No, I didn't make it into the shower yet, although it is 1:30 in the afternoon.
Yeah, my floors need to be vacuumed and mopped.
Yeah, I don't know what I will make for dinner yet.

But today is already brimming with drops of awesome!

-danielle