Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thoughts. . . instead of posts

It is a funny line to find. 
Do I spend my time blogging or actually doing things with those people I blog about. 
Where is the balance. 
Balance is a difficult thing for me in every way: Physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
I feel like I spend a lot of time wondering if what I am doing at that moment will be something I regret. Not that what I am doing ins't a good thing, but did I make the BEST choice.
I am trying to trust myself more and find more joy in the every day things.

So, it looks like my last post was way back in November.
What I have I done since then?

I have attended a lot of Basketball games to watch Tacey cheer. 
I probably should have attended more, but when they are as often as 5 days a week. . . 
She did get to travel with the High School Football team and be part of the whole event as they won the State Championship.

Dallin and McCade tried out for the Basketball team, and both narrowly missed making the team. 

We have had issues that we have had to deal with: making sure the kids have appropriate priorities, helping them deal with unpleasant situations and remembering to have fun with them.

We spent a fairly traditional Thanksgiving at home.
Everyone knew dinner was done when the fire alarm applauded me.
Shane tried to get the kids to agree to go out for dinner, but McCade was afraid it wouldn't taste right so I cooked.
And contrary to the alarm going off, I didn't burn anything and it all tasted good.

Dallin ate four full plates between 2:00 & 7:00. 
With dessert in between.
I can't keep him full.

It has been a really bad cold/flu season this year. And since I teach so many little kids I have gotten a mild case of EVERYTHING.
I have been grateful for my essential oils. With all the nasty stuff that everyone has gotten we would have lived at the medical center. 

I took a trip to El Paso and found the gravesite of my Uncle who was stillborn. He was born in 1930. I am certain my great-grandfather visited his son, but as time went his little unmarked grave was lost. My Aunts (Tias) were very happy I was able to find where his tiny body is.

I also learned more about my Great-Grandfather's hard life. I wish he would have left more of his thoughts with us, but he didn't want to burden us with the pain of his past.

We went to California for Christmas and had a good time.
We stayed with my Grandma and Muffie which was a change. Grandma enjoyed having us there, but I think Muffie enjoyed it even more.


We came back and got immediately back into school. The kids were up to their ears in finals within a week. 

Now it has been days, possibly weeks since we saw the sun. We almost had school canceled one day because it was so cold: -18, but more importantly -27 degrees with the windchill. However, school district policy states that it must be -20 air temperature or -30 with the windchill before they cancel school. So we bundled up and left.

We did get a good old-fashioned Snow day though! It came on a Monday and everyone so happy for the opportunity to sleep in.

For a little entertainment, here are the 4-6 year old girls from a Cheer Camp Tacey taught at with the rest of the Cheer Squad. I was really proud of her! She ran the group, choreographed the song and was amazing with the little girls. I got texts from parents telling me how good she was with them.



She definitely has a talent with little kids.
Well, so do all my children. During church almost every person under 4 years old ends up sitting with us for awhile. 
We are the party for the under 5-yr crowd.