Sunday, September 5, 2010

Football; McCade

McCade has played more football this year than Dallin, merely because his coach took them to the Jamboree. The Jamboree allows each team to opportunities to 'get out the jitters' and try their newly acquired skills on another team. They get 15 minutes at Defense, and 15 minutes at offense no matter the outcome.
McCade is number 50. He, like his brother, plays defensive end. He also plays on the Offensive Line and is on Kickoff return. Here he is in action.








Okay, I have to explain this picture. The rules of Grid Kid football give weight limits for each grade. For 5th Grade, up have to be 125 lbs. or below to play; if you weigh between 125 and 135 lbs. you can only play offense. IF you weigh MORE than that, you have to play up a grade. This kid that is blocking McCade is actually a 4th grader that didn't make weight and had to play on the 5th grade team. IN FACT, my friend did the official weigh in that day, and this 4th grader tipped the scale at 254lbs. Seriously, I have no idea how that kid passed his physical. Anyway, to have McCade trying to block a kid that is 3 times his weight; THAT was really funny.



I'd explain what is going on in all these pictures; if I knew. But, I just take them; I don't claim to understand the intricacies of football. SO, if you can figure them out; GOOD JOB!
HAHA!
Danielle