Saturday, May 28, 2011

Time to get Seussified. . .

Well, every year a lose my mind a little.

It is a proven fact.
Every year I adapt a book and create a play for the Elementary School kids to participate in. I add some music and voila! We have an instant big money fund raiser for the PTO.
This year I adapted several Dr. Seuss books and poems and added some songs from Seussical the Musical.
McCade recited the ENTIRE text 'There's a Wocket in my Pocket!'
Which of course, involves the Zink in the Sink.
And the Zlock in the Clock
And the Bofa in the Sofa acts like it doesn't even care.
Horton also hatched an egg after Mayzie talked him into it.
He also got seasick . . .
And Gertrude (Well, several Gertrudes) wanted bigger tails,
and several Mayzies helped out.
And of course there was Dr. Drake.
Dr. Drake by the lake.
This is almost my entire cast. There were 87 of them.
Yep. A cast of 87 kids in 3rd-6th grade.

As I said,
Every Year I LOSE my MIND
Just a little.
But we made
OODLES
of money for the PTO.
On the very last day of school there was an awards assembly.
McCade was pretty excited.
He said he had never received an award before.
I thought he had, but he may be right.
He was
EXTREMELY
excited.
He earned his
National Physical Fitness Award.
He had good reason to smile.

Danielle