Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring Break 2011: Final Installment

On Thursday, I just had to take advantage of the wonderful weather, and visit my favorite tide pools. The kids also love the tide pools. This time Shane was gone working, and Laura was in town, so she and Hailey joined us.
Is this just the cutest? Makes me a little sad he is the youngest; I think he would be a great big brother. Hailey LOVES McCade. He really knows how to be gentle with her and how to play on her level.
Big, mean-looking crab. Can you see him?
McCade preferred to hunt for Sand Crabs, instead of the ones with pinchers. Sand ones are easier to catch anyway.
This trip to the tide pools, there were SO many sea stars!
They were HUGE!
Laura was the only one brave enough to pick one up.
Man, I miss the beach.
I could sit there, on the rocks with my eyes closed,
just listening to the sound of the waves forever.
I miss that sound as much as I miss almost anything in the world.
Okay, maybe not these exact rocks, since they are under water for most of the day.
But exploring during low tide is seriously fun, if not a little bit dangerous.
Closer to the shore is much safer, but not as full of sea life.
Sometimes, being little means you can't do some things.
That can be really frustrating.
Having a Mom who is always armed with a camera can also be frustrating.
But I did find a new favorite photo spot.
Dallin

McCade
And
Tacey
I should have taken three versions of this picture; one with each of the kids in front.
It was hard to get the picture taken when there weren't people walking underneath the pier.
Next time. . . .
definitely,
next time!
Couldn't forget Hailey though!

This day we took Ashton with us.
Tacey loves hanging with Ashton.
Ashton spends a lot of time at the beach; Ashton is very tan.
I used to be tan. . .
Ah, finally, a REAL smile!

I am grateful I have been able to take my kids to the beach so often, even though we live so very far away.
My fondest summer memories are at the beach. I loved living at beach; even with no running water or electricity.

Danielle