Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lots of events!








Lets see....
Last week, on Wednesday the 16th the boys and Shane had the Pinewood Derby. Dallin's car was super-fast, and only lost to one other car. That car had racing wheels that they had bought, not the wheels that came in the original kit. (We stayed with the kit) He raced that car 5 times, and won 2 of those races. We are calling it a tie. McCade's car also beat everyone but the embellished car; and did also beat Dallin's once, even though Dallin's beat his several other times. So, it what is the best possible outcome; EVERYONE THINKS THEY WON! (gotta love that, dontcha!)
Dallin winning a race!

McCade winning a race!

(Special thanks to Tacey the camera operator!)

Dallin earned his segment for attending pack meeting last month, his first gold arrow for his bear, the belt loop and pin for mathmatics and music, as well as the pins for computers and basketball. McCade is still working on the wolf, but we are making good progress. He also earned the segment for last month, belt loops and pins for basketball, marbles, computers, music and mathmatics.
The next day, I went for my post-operative checkup. I got my splint off, and was given my choice of not-very-subtle cast colors. I asked if they had anything flesh-toned! I was given the choices of Black, Yellow, Orange, Pink, Purple, Blue, Green and Glow-in-the-Dark. I truly thought about Glow-in-the-Dark, but given that I am still doing Pippin, I thought it just might interfear with the blackouts between scenes. I called Shane for his opinion, and ended up with this bright yet fun shade of pink! It totally matches my Pippin mandated bright pink toenails. I also got a look at my incision. I put my phone next to it when I took the picture so you could get an idea of how big my scar will be. My foot is still all swollen; I look like I have gout! The doctor made me flex my foot while he put on the hard cast. It was really tough work; I think I may possibly have a longer road to recovery than I originally thought. Go Physical Therapy!







Dance recital is tonight, but I went to the rehearsal last night. (I have a performance of Pippin tonight, so I won't be there for the actual recital) The kids have all improved so much! I LOVE that Tacey is dancing with the High School kids, even though she is only in 6th grade. She definately belongs in the more advanced classes. Dallin and McCade are in a class by themselves because they are the only boys their age that dance. They do a very good job. I figure if you can get two boys alone, dancing on stage AND they know the dance that is FABULOUS!

That is it for now!

Love to you all!

Danielle

By the way - it is snowing AGAIN!