Monday, April 28, 2008

You know you live in Idaho when......


. . . . . . . . A CHICKEN MOVES INTO YOUR GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there has been a chicken wandering around the neighborhood for a few days. (Weird, I know. The only thing I can see that it is good for is stopping traffic.) This has prompted several chicken crossing the road comments, etc. from the kids. Well the dog, Koda, occasionally gets into scuffles with neighborhood cats that wander into the yard so when I hear weird noises, I usually just listen for dog yelps so I can go rescue him if necessary. Today he went outside and I heard the scuffle noises and realized that they were CHICKEN noises! The kids ran, and I crutched outside and Koda had the chicken trapped under the wagon. We grabbed the dog, so they didn't hurt each other and put him in the house. McCade followed the dogs path into the hot tub room and came out saying there was a nest in there. There is a total of 5 eggs out there! So, it appears that the chicken has moved in! I worry that there are eggs other places in the garage as well......
This is the chicken running around the backyard. She jumped over the back fence quite easily, so she can come and go at will; she is not trapped.


If I get to talk to the chicken, I will try not to ruffle her feathers and ask her why she crossed the road! (HA! HA!) I try to be funny!

Danielle