Thursday, October 1, 2009

All About Mac

Alright, so I put McCade in Gymnastics this summer. I thought it might be something he would enjoy. Was I ever RIGHT! He took some leesons at the dance studio this summer, and liked it so much we let him continue this fall. Now, I have to say that this IS a dance studio, not a 'real gym'. But, I know lots of former gymnasts that strated out at the local dance studios and recreation centers, then moved to a 'real gym' later. (Myself included). If her really gets into it, and decided it is something he wants to be serious about, we will move him, but in the meantime. . . here is what he has been up to. (Remember he has had like 4 or 5 classes. Don't expect AMAZING things - YET. . . )



Back bends - flexibility runs in the family!



Hand Stands. I have to say, I am a bit confused that they didn't start with headstands. *Whatever*


Forward Rolls


Backward Rolls

Round offs (kinda. . . )

Front Handsprings with his own personal flair.

Back handsprings, also with flair.

More instruction on back handsprings.

and more

Bar work. Swinging while adjusting grip

Strength exercises

Pullovers

Cast aways

Pullover, cast away, dismount.


He's working. He loves it. Keep you posted as he gets better. (His Mom is going to help him. . . WITHOUT a flyswatter. . . )

Danielle