Sunday, October 25, 2009

No pictures??????

Okay, so this MUST have been a random week and I MUST have been sick, because I honestly went an entire week without taking a picture. Weird, I KNOW! Tacey and McCade were down with the flu last weekend, and Shane, Dallin and I followed suit on Tuesday night. Actually, I think Shane was sick before Tacey & McCade, he just didn't succumb to it until Tuesday. We didn't get OFFICIALLY diagnosed, but I am fairly certain it was pig flu. All of the guys Shane works with have been diagnosed as having pig flu, all of Tacey's friends have pig flu, what other flu is going around? We had some interesting projectile vomiting, and I didn't think it was pig flu at first because it doesn't make you barf, but THEN I found out that some people do experience vomiting with it. Well, since I seem to have a house of tender-tummies, OF COURSE we would get the vomiting!

So, here is a random side thought. Why is it kids ALWAYS barf at 12:30 am? Why do they have such bad aim? Why can they hit everything ELSE in the bathroom and completely miss the toilet bowl? I mean, seriously. Not to go into details, but these are the things I contemplate while cleaning off light fixtures and walls and what not.

Anyway, that is probably the reason for not a lot of; well actually NO pictures this week.

Lets see, Tacey kept up her busy dancing/basketball schedule post-flu. Dallin spent the middle of the week in bed with pig flu, we were grateful he didn't have a football party while he was sick. McCade seems to be begining to understand that he can't lie, or do half a job and get away with it. That is NOT to say that we are not still fighting the battle, but he seems to be jumping into compliance quicker now.

The biggest event of the week was the Halloween Carnival I was in charge of at church. I had decided to keep it easy, so we had Hot Dogs and Chips. Now, I know you are thinking of those little, yucky Hot Dogs you get at the grocery store. That is not what I got to feed everyone. I got FAMOUS NATHAN Hot Dogs. They were very yummy. I also got chips in individual bags; I can't eat out of a bag of chips after a kid has had their grubby, little dirty hands in there unless it is my own kid. We had photo booths, a spook alley, and a ton of games and trick or treating for the kids. All-in-all it was a big success. I was going to take pictures of everyone in their Halloween costumes, but in the stress of being in charge of the party, I forgot. I will get pictures on Saturday - as that is the REAL Halloween anyway. Tacey is going as Pink - The color, not the Rock Star. Dallin is Indiana Jones and McCade is the Crocodile Hunter. I was a bird.

OH! That brings me to one of the funny stories of the week. I was still battling the after effects of the flu, and not thinking very clearly, while I was wandering around Idaho Falls trying to find an Indiana Jones Whip. I was texting Andrea while on my journey, and she asked me why I was looking around, that I all REALLY needed to do was braid fabric. To which I answered, OF COURSE! So I went to the fabric store and picked out some fabric. I asked for 1/3 of a yard -just 12 inches. As I stood there, the lady that cuts the fabric asked me what I was doing, so I said 'Making an Indiana Jones whip." She stood there, looked at me, then at my fabric, and finally said. "How are you going to do that?" I explained that I was going to cut the fabric into 6 strips, then sew those together so I would have three very long strips and then I was going to braid it. I then took some bias tape and wrapped it around the end to make a handle. She thought I was AMAZINGLY creative when in actuality it was my sister who was amazingly creative.

I made the whip that night and it turned out AMAZING! Dallin found it the next morning and of course the first thing he did was try to whip his brother with it. I should give McCade permission to chase his brother with a snake on Halloween.

This upcoming week will include Tacey's first Basketball game and Halloween. Hopefully we can all continue to recover, and it will be a pandemic-free week.
Danielle