Sunday, June 27, 2010

Jamborall - Scouting is 100 Years Old!

As I am the Mom who goes to EVERYTHING, (I consider that a good thing) I went with McCade to the Grand Teton Council Jamborall in Celebration of the 100th Anniversary of Scouting. Shane was there with the Boy Scouts - which included Dallin, and I was there with the Cub Scouts - which included McCade!

They had lots of fun stations for the Cubs, these were Rubber band guns.

Tug of War is always a favorite.


And they had them do a relay race to learn and REMEMBER the Leave No Trace guidelines.
The thing we waited in line the longest for was the BB Gun shooting station, but in our little world it was SO worth it.

They shot at targets; the targets were scored. IF you got over 21 points, they declared you an excellent shooter and gave you a special patch and certificate. Most of the boys in our pack didn't even hit the target - much less come anywhere near 21 points. HOWEVER, McCade had

FORTY-THREE POINTS!
Yep, and excellent shot. They were shocked. I got the feeling that was the best score they had seen all day, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

Nice Job Mac!
Danielle