Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Play. . .again. . . WE MADE BANK!

So, once again I was LOVINGLY VOLUNTEERED to direct the school play. As there is no producers for Elementary School Plays, and there is rarely a budget of ANY kind, AND as it is a fundraiser for the PTO, I end up not only directing, but also writing the play and basically running the whole ship (Techincal, Costuming, Set Construction, Props - the whole enchilada so to speak). Thank goodness in recent years I have begun to learn how to delegate!

This year I adapted the book 'Sideways Stories from Wayside School' by Louis Sacar. I have to say, it went REALLY well!

Of course, McCade wanted to be in the show and he (as always) did an amazing job. He played the roll of Calvin. It was a funny part, and he had a really good time doing it!






He also had a very LARGE singing solo. But as we know, he is good at that too!
Okay, aren't these prop Ice Cream Cones AMAZING?!?!?! My friend Tyra made them. they are REAL Ice Cream Cones, with Insulation foam as the Ice Cream that she painted to look like a ton of different flavors. They looked real, but didn't have the Ice Cream downside of MELTING!


This is the whole silly cast. Yep, I wrangled 35 third, forth and fifth graders and had them ALL focus and ALL doing the same thing at the same time for a WHOLE HOUR! Pretty Amazing, even if I do say so myself!
They also sang songs from 'School House Rock'. Remember that series of shorts that appeared between cartoons on Saturday Mornings when I was a kid. Fun stuff, that School House Rock. I credit the shorts for my understanding of conjunctions, adverbs, adjectives and my perfect memorization of the Preamble of the Constitution! This shot has them singing the conjunction song that has a bunch of 'Boo-Hoo's
In the end I had them make funny faces in lieu of regular head shots. I thinks McCade's is amazing!
HAHA!
Danielle