Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Pampo's beloved El Paso

Well, we got a call that My Grandpa's Sister, my Tia Julietta had passed away. As she was 92 Years old, and not in the best of health. I was glad she was no longer tied to her failing mortal body and instead was in the loving arms of her God, her parents, her Brothers, her daughter and husband.

I hadn't seen her in a long time, and I hadn't talked to any of my relatives that still live in El Paso for a long time, but I really felt the need to go to the funeral. My family had always promised to take me to El Paso, but in all these years (because I am so old) it never happened. So, Shane rearranged his work schedule that included Phoenix that week, I hired a Nanny, and off we went. It was definitely the LONG way to go to El Paso, but you know, when the Husband has to work, he has to work!

We stopped several places along the way - these are the Coral Pink Sand Dunes in Utah. They were beautiful. I think they look really neat juxtaposed against the green in the mountains.

This was a HUGE beetle that made his home there.
I met some people I have never met before; some relatives I felt were really special. This is my Grandpa's little sister. For lots of reasons, he didn't get to see her grow up, but he always loved her and had a hole in his heart when he didn't know where she was. Her name is Emma, and this is her Husband.
This is his other little sister. Ampara and her husband.

This is my Dad and his cousin Johnny. He MUST be my kindred spirit. He has spent his life working in the Entertainment Industry. He is a member of the Actors Union and does Tech for the local theatres and arenas. He also does props and whatnot for local movies, commercials and television. NOW I know where Andrea and I get it!
These are some of my FAVORTIE people in the WHOLE WORLD! These are my cousins Ruth and Chuck.
This is My BEAUTIFUL Grandma and my Tia Julie. My poor Tia Julie was so sad without her Mommy.
This is Ruth again with her GRANDSON!!!!!!!! I told her she is OLD. She agreed. HAHA!
This is Uncle Bernie with my Grandma. Uncle Bernie was also VERY SAD without his Mommy.
I was VERY grateful for the opportunity to see where my Grandpa grew up, and learn so many stories about my family. I love them, I love them ALL with every little bit of my heart. I felt complete there, it was a wonderful feeling.
On the way back we stopped in Tombstone and made an early morning stop at the O.K. Corral.
And apparently I have a store I didn't even know about!
See?
We also made a late-afternoon atop at the Grand Canyon; I had fun playing with my camera!!


















Yeah, you really can't say much about a natural wonder like that one!
Danielle